Re: professional data recovery services for ex3 filesystem

On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 09:54 +0100, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
> Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> > Greg Folkert wrote:
> >
> >> Also, Kamaraju, I believe I sent an e-mail to your gmail account. An
> >> update to your howto.
> >
> > For those who do not know, Greg is talking about
> > http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/kk288/debian_choosing_distribution.html
>
> Nice page. One small comment: The plot 'mainenance problems' appears
> twice on my iceweasel.

Look at the two images they are different.

> It looks like one would have about 5 times as much problems on sid
> compared to stable, but IMHO this is _much_ understated. It also appears
> that sid is only slightly less unstable than testing and on avarage
> about the same (except after a freeze).

Compared to Stable, lots more effort for either testing or unstable.

Sid and testing pretty much track each other until they don't.

>  While bugs in 'testing' take
> longer to be fixed, I think it is still more stable to avoid those
> packages from sid that fail to reach 'testing' due to RC bugs.

Did you read the document? This is exactly what he said. Byut there are
and have been circumstances that something goes into testing with a bad
bug and then the next versions in sid are release quickly and never make
it into testing. There was ... the whole XORG issue recently. What...
nearly 2 months to get everything fixed up (some had to be manually
hinted to get into testing)

> YMMV, but testing is more 'stable' than sid and 'stable' is _much_ more
> stable than either of those. It's not just the number of problems that
> is less, but also the severity of problems.

Do you understand "qualitative not quantitative"

Qualitative:
        pertaining to or concerned with quality or qualities.

Quantitative:
        that is or may be estimated by quantity

That what the two graphs showed is qualitative.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup