Re: professional data recovery services for ex3 filesystem

On 2/12/07, Kamaraju Kusumanchi <kamaraju@bluebottle.com> wrote:

The laptop used to work fine (no errors in the log files, no grinding
noises). One fine day when it was moved from one place to another and then
it stopped booting. The BIOS does not even recognize the hard drive. The
hard drive does not spin. I believe that the problem could be a bad
controller or a bad motor. So it needs to be taken into a clean room to get
the data out.

I have a Toshiba laptop and my HDD one day produced a big noise.  Then
I no longer can boot it up.  So I bought a new HDD but the next day I
tried the old one again, it just worked as usual (only slower) and the
noise went away.  Maybe the HDD needs to take a day off. :)