Re: professional data recovery services for ex3 filesystem

Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:

[snip]

more important than on the Windows. Luckily, there are backups available.
But I want to get a general idea of how tough it would have been if there
were no backups.

It's good that you have backups. Good data recovery is expensive.

The laptop used to work fine (no errors in the log files, no grinding
noises). One fine day when it was moved from one place to another and then
it stopped booting. The BIOS does not even recognize the hard drive. The
hard drive does not spin. I believe that the problem could be a bad
controller or a bad motor. So it needs to be taken into a clean room to get
the data out.

This can be a result of stiction. Try rotating the laptop around a
vertical axis just before and during power on. This may free the
discs.

This can be a result of the laptop not supplying power. It may not be
the disc. Try the disc in another laptop.

Typically, how much does this kind of service cost assuming that the hard
drive is physically damaged and the problems are not due to some logical
problems?

If the physical surface of the platters is damaged, as by a head crash,
then expect to get little or no information from the disc.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.