Re: Writer Processor (was Re: Ubuntu vs. Debian ...)

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 04:38:47AM +0100, Marcus Blumhagen wrote:

> But if one never used VI(M) it can be hard to get you going, but the
> more one uses it, the more the productivity increases. And I think
> the upper limit of productivity is far beyond WYSIWYG, because you
> need not check how it looks (that's LaTeX's job ;). Just take care
> the content is right with a little help from the editor.

Agreed.  I use vim and vim-latexsuite for composing lots of documents.
My productivity is far and away better for anything more complex than a
simple one or two page personal letter.  Once you throw in anything that
requires figures, sectioning or citations, it is a hands down winner.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez