Re: greylistd / exim4 troubles -- how to troubleshoot?

On 2007-02-03, Tony Rowe penned:
> On 2007-02-02, Monique Y. Mudama <spam@bounceswoosh.org> wrote:
>> I'm wondering if this package "just worked" for anyone and if not,
>> how they got it to work, especially with exim4 and a monolithic
>> exim4.conf that was converted from an exim3 installation, on
>> unstable.
>>
>> greylistd-setup-exim4 only seemed to apply to the split config
>> files.
>
> Looks like there is indeed trouble migrating old greylistd configs
> to the unsplit exim4.conf.  Bug #398224 may be of interest (or
> not...), in particular near the bottom?
>
> Any luck?

Thank you for finding that.

It's definitely interesting, but it doesn't appear to be directly
related to my issue.  The bug has to do with the fact that the
"remove" action of greylistd-setup-exim4 doesn't work properly with
some installs, but since it only affects the split scripts, which I'm
not using, that doesn't apply for me.

My issue is probably more that in trying to paste in the relevant bits
of the greylistd config without having a good understanding of
exim4 config files, I've managed to screw something up.  The
exim4.conf file also has comments scattered about that make me wonder
if it's not using some "special" syntax reserved for systems upgraded
from exim3.

--
monique