Re: VIA VT8237A Southbridge Advice

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 08:51:47PM -0500, Andrew Perrin wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Feb 2007, Grok Mogger wrote:
>

> >Thanks for the advice.  I have to admit, sounds a little scary for
> >someone who has never compiled a kernel before.  =\  But I may actually
> >try it.
>
> There's a first time for everything! And you'll have a better
> understanding of the kernel that way too.

and my suggestion would put deeply in touch with debian as well,
having to support a system in that type of migration would definitely
be a learning experience.

Please note, Grok, that I have not tested my proposed solution. It is
just one way of getting it done that seems fun and reasonably viable
to me.  ymmv widely.

Oh, and my suggestion to move up to sid is really not needed. just
compile the kernel you need in whatever release you want. But watch
for that kernel that you need to move into sid or testing so you know
when you can switch over to the debian kernels.