Re: Attracting newbies (Was Booting Debian/testing fails)

On Wed 2007-02-07 15:57:07 -0500, Stephen wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 07:22:01PM +0000 or thereabouts, David Hart wrote:
> >
> > Ehh?  For such a simple program I think it's well documented.  'man r2e'
> > and the self documented config file ~/.rss2email/config.py should
> > tell you all you need to know.
>
> Yeah, I started reading the config.py file and it is commented, although
> I don't understand why it doesn't use my system SMTP, or is that a
> misunderstanding on my part ? I'm a little confused because there is
> syntax there for SMTP and Auth_SMTP. OK I'll read the manpage ...

Snipped from my config.py:

  # 1: Use SMTP_SERVER to send mail.
  # 0: Call /usr/sbin/sendmail to send mail.
  SMTP_SEND = 1
  SMTP_SERVER = "jynn.tonix.org:25"

> There is no way in hell, I would have guessed it to be a manpage under
> r2e, when the application itself is called "rss2email". Thanks for
> filling me in. ;)

Man pages are usually named the same as the command that is run.
rss2email is the package, r2e is the command.

'dpkg -L rss2email' will list the files that the package installed.

HTH

--
David Hart <debian@tonix.org>