Re: XML editor wanted!

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 12:20:06 +0100, Vincent Lefevre <vincent@vinc17.org> said:

> On 2007-02-06 08:19:50 -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 13:12:33 +0100, Vincent Lefevre
>> <vincent@vinc17.org> said:
>> > PSGML is for SGML, not for XML editing (though it may appear to
>> > work with some XML documents).
>>
>> Do you have an XML DTD for which PSGML fails to work as advertised?

> This is precisely my point: XML does *not* require a DTD.

        But for xhtml, there is a perfectly fine DTD, and one can
 easily generate DTD's for anything with a XML schema; so this is
 very rarely an issue in practice.

>> As far as psml is concerned, XML appears to be a subset of SGML
>> (the non-subset features of XML are not relevant to psgml).
>>
>> So far, I have not seen psgml falter on any XML document for which
>> I had a DTD.  I am pretty sure that the author would be interested
>> in knowing about the bugs you might have encountered.

> and you closed the bug saying: "I don't think psgml supports xslt
> files at all. Remember, this is really an _sgml_ editor."

        xslt is quite a different kettle of fish than just writing an
 XML document.  As I said above, as far as psml is concerned, XML
 appears to be a subset of SGML (the non-subset features of XML are
 not relevant to psgml).

        In most cases, psgml is a better fit than nxml mode for
 editing XML documents. In cases where you really don't have a DTD,
 you can always fall back on nxml mode; there is no DTD to provide the
 context sensitive help that psgml provides that make it a better fit.

        manoj

--
Used staples are good with SOY SAUCE!