Re: documentation for novice and newbies

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 10:46:47AM -0500, hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 09:16:58AM -0500, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
> > If we went with a non-wiki format then we need a home.
>
> A home on which to develop?  or a home on which to publish?
> With a distributed revision control system, any site is, at least
> formally, the equal of any other -- no specific home is needed.
> With a wiki, the wiki site *is* home, with all the attendant
> uncertainty of what to do if the wiki goes defunct.
>
> We *do* need a site to point readers to, though, whether a wiki
> or some other.

If we get a good document set up, I think that debian-doc or -www will
put up a link, wherever it is housed (homed?) for publishing.

If the wiki page was one long page with chapters for each of our areas
of interest, we can wget and store the html that makes the document.
That way if the wiki goes defunct we still have the document, with its
licence statement, to put somewhere else.

Doug.