Re: documentation for novice and newbies

I'm concerned about the newbiedoc wiki:
	Its server is sometimes unavailable, so we can't get the debian
	www people to add a link.

	As a whole its GFDL although we could do our page GPL.

I'm concerned about the debian wiki:
	The front page is immutable due to some spambot or something

	One has to sign up to edit

	Overall, its _looks_ unmaintained.

If we went with a wiki, we could have one long page for our project,
with sub-projects as separate chapters.  We can follow the same layout
as a debiandoc e.g. release under GPL, Abstract, TOC, then the chapters.

Converting this to html is as simple as grabbing it off with a browser
and editing that to remove the "wiki" parts.

If we went with a non-wiki format then we need a home.

What do people think?

Doug.