Re: Attracting newbies (Was Booting Debian/testing fails)

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 11:05:14 -0600

> >> Out of curiosity, why don't you implement IMAP?
> >
> > Because at the moment it's all on the same computer. I am thinking
> > to go for IMAP as soon as I get my firewall back on line (hdd is
> > down),
>
> Ah, a security issue.

No, it's just that I don't see the reason of IMAP on the same computer.
If I were to transform my firewall machine in a mailserver then IMAP
would be the best choice to access it.

> > though this would mean I don't have my mails on my laptop.
>
> Sure it would.  That's the whole point of IMAP: Internet Mail ACCESS
> Protocol.

On line yes, but offline... and yes, I know I can download the mail
also on the laptop, but that would beat the whole purpose of having a
centralised mailstore.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)