Re: Attracting newbies (Was Booting Debian/testing fails)

On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 23:11:54 -0500
Michael Pobega <pobega@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Do you mean that you have all of your mailboxes synced with one
> > > another? I'd love to be able to do that with Mutt and Icedove if
> > > possible. Any chance you have a URL to a walkthrough/HowTo on how
> > > to do something like that?
> >
> > No, no, no.
> >
> > ONE mail folder tree shared by *all* MUAs.  That is the beauty of
> > the IMAP protocol.
> >
> > And mail delivered by a cron job.
> >

> That's pretty cool. I wish I had the patience to do something like
> that, but I really don't. Maybe when I get unlazy I'll get an IMAP
> going between Mutt and Icedove, if that's even possible.
>
> Do you have any links to some of the documentation you used? I can't
> find good documentation on doing something like this anywhere online.

I am planing to write something similar, but without the IMAP bit
(which should be trivial to implement in my setup). I use
getmail/maildrop to deliver to Maildir format and then can use either
Sylpheed-Claws or mutt(ng) to read. Sending with postfix via
gmail as smarthost.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)