Re: Attracting newbies (Was Booting Debian/testing fails)

hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:
On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 04:08:53PM -0500, Michael Pobega wrote:

I agree with you, I'm not one of those people who are completely against Ubuntu; I think just anything you can accomplish in Ubuntu you can accomplish in Debian, and probably more effectively/easily.

As for the newbie documentation, we should definitely get something together. Everyone who is interested email me at my personal emailing just to say "Aie!". Drop me an AIM/MSN/Jabber contact so I can reach you beyond email if possible.

Aie!

Don't have AIM/MSN/Jabber. I like email and wiki. Especially if we're not all in the same time zone.

I agree with Hendrik about the time zone problem.

I think it would be great if we we could all get our heads together and thrash out some ideas. One way of doing this would be to set up an email list for this purpose. I would be happy to do this on the NewbieDOC account at berlios.de. This would not mean that anyone would need to be tied to the NewbieDOC project - it's just that the facility is already there. At least it would get us started. What do you think?

--
Chris.