Re: Attracting newbies (Was Booting Debian/testing fails)

On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 05:54:15PM -0500, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:

[...]
> The Dreyfus Model of Sill Acquisition [1], describes skills acquisition
> as passing through five levels:  novice, advanced beginner, competent,
> proficient, and expert.
[...]
>                                                           I also
> taught nursing where we take novices and turn them into advanced
> beginners over the course of 4 years.

Thanks, Doug!  That was most enlightening.  Five stages, four
years per stage. I'd often wondered why I'd displayed no sign of
competence in all my years with Debian, but I see that it won't
be long now!  Mmm.  Or will it?

Cheers,
David

--
David Jardine

"Running Debian GNU/Linux and
loving every minute of it."  -L. von Sacher-M.(1835-1895)