Re: Unstable and Testing stability

On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 09:24:11PM -0500, Michael Pobega wrote:
> I ended up getting it working, thanks. I can't believe I was so stupid
> to substitute "main" for "testing", I guess I wasn't paying attention.
> Thanks for your help all, I'll be sticking with testing permanently now :-D

Sorry to add more confusion :-) Once Etch is released, Lenny will become
the new testing and there will be a slurry of packages entering testing.
Some, of course, will have bugs. The bug will get fixed and the fixed
version will get uploaded to unstable where it won't propagate down to
testing for at least 10 days. I remember what happened when people stuck
with testing when Sarge became stable and Etch became the new testing.

--
Chris.
======