Re: Unstable and Testing stability

Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
On Sunday 04 February 2007 18:34, Michael Pobega wrote:

I would like to continue using testing without having to reinstall
Debian upon every release (As I've had to do with Ubuntu). Should I
change my //etc/apt/sources.list/ file to say /testing /instead of
/etch/, or should I change it from /etch/ to the new "Testing" release
when it is announced?

See Question 17: "I am currently tracking testing (etch). What happens when a release is made? Will I still be tracking testing or will my machine be running the new stable distribution?"

In your case, you should put testing instead of Etch.

thanks
raju

The reason I ask, though, is because I've read in multiple places (Including these mailing lists) that when Etch goes stable your install will "break" if you have testing instead of etch. Is this true, or is it just speculation?