Re: No sound in Thinkpad Z61M after configuring ALSA -RESOLVED

On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 04:48:00PM +0000, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> Just to round off this saga for anyone who's been following it: I tried
> Ubuntu and what do you know: sound works! As an added bonus, so does the
> built-in wireless. So I shall have to install Ubuntu (well, at least is
> is more or less Debian ...)

There should be a way of finding out what the difference is which causes
it to work. Built-in wireless doesn't work on Debian? Is there a clue in
the config files (whatever they may be...)?

A writeup on how to use a working distro to configure a non working
distro would be good.

--
Chris.
======