Re: No sound in Thinkpad Z61M after configuring ALSA -RESOLVED

On Saturday 03 February 2007 17:48, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> Just to round off this saga for anyone who's been following it: I tried
> Ubuntu and what do you know: sound works! As an added bonus, so does the
> built-in wireless. So I shall have to install Ubuntu (well, at least is
> is more or less Debian ...)
>
> Anthony

I suppose I now have to take back my statement "this is not a Debian problem".
All the same there are a lot of problems with hda intel, as there are many,
many variations of it.

I'm glad you've got the problem fixed Anthony, but quite why Ubuntu gives you
sound, but Debian has no sound is a bit perplexing. It possibly could be
something to do with the difference in kernel versions for that module I
suppose. My Kubuntu is using a 2.6.12 kernel, but Debian Sarge/Etch are using
the 2.6.8, 2.6.11, and on Etch most recently 2.6.17.

Anyway. Glad you got sounds, and the wireless working. That is a bonus.

Nigel.