Re: Attracting newbies (Was Booting Debian/testing fails)

On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 07:46:39PM -0500, Michael Pobega wrote:
> David Jardine wrote:
> >On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 05:54:15PM -0500, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
> >[...]
> >>The Dreyfus Model of Sill Acquisition [1], describes skills acquisition
> >>as passing through five levels:  novice, advanced beginner, competent,
> >>proficient, and expert.
> >[...]
> >>taught nursing where we take novices and turn them into advanced
> >>beginners over the course of 4 years.
> >>

> I think Doug actually meant one year for each of those courses, and
> after four years of lessons the user will become an expert. Although I
> may be wrong, and those two things could possibly have nothing to do
> with one another.

Four years to take someone from a walk-in-the-door novice to a graduate
nurse at the advanced beginner stage in all areas of nursing ready to
take and pass their licencing exam, and get a B.Sc.N.  2-3 years later
they will be competent in their field of choice.

You could look back to your own education in your field and see the same
process retrospectivlly.

Doug.