Re: Attracting newbies (Was Booting Debian/testing fails)

David Jardine wrote:
On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 05:54:15PM -0500, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:

[...]
The Dreyfus Model of Sill Acquisition [1], describes skills acquisition
as passing through five levels:  novice, advanced beginner, competent,
proficient, and expert.
[...]
                                                          I also
taught nursing where we take novices and turn them into advanced
beginners over the course of 4 years.

Thanks, Doug! That was most enlightening. Five stages, four years per stage. I'd often wondered why I'd displayed no sign of competence in all my years with Debian, but I see that it won't be long now! Mmm. Or will it?

Cheers,
David

I think Doug actually meant one year for each of those courses, and after four years of lessons the user will become an expert. Although I may be wrong, and those two things could possibly have nothing to do with one another.