Re: Booting Debian/testing fails

On Sunday 04 February 2007 18:51, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 05:28:19PM -0500, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> > For the interested, A summary of why there is no newbie list can be found
> > at
> >
> > http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/kk288/du-guidelines.html
> >
> > under "Why is there no separate list for newbies? Can you create one?
> > Should I create one?"
>
> Now how did you find that?  I just tried using lynx from www.debian.org,
> followed the mailing list links and also tried
> lists.debian.org/debian-user

Well, I wrote it! So I know where it is!

> I found the code of conduct but not the du-guidelines.  Shouldn't it be
> easier to find?

The du-guidelines is not official debian policy or anything like that. That is
why you dont find a link from www.debian.org . However I thought some such
document would be useful for improving the signal/noise ratio on d-u, so I
just wrote it up.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/

Save on Your Health Insurance
Compare multiple quotes to save with NetQuote's free service
http://tags.bluebottle.com/fc/MhtYWUi3OrSDJLW7YIGJ54E7Urbnjhh1mjnU8/