Re: Unstable and Testing stability

On Sunday 04 February 2007 20:01, Michael Pobega wrote:

> The reason I ask, though, is because I've read in multiple places
> (Including these mailing lists) that when Etch goes stable your install
> will "break" if you have testing instead of etch. Is this true, or is it
> just speculation?

After a new release, a new testing will be forked from the then stable
version. However after that, new packages will trickle from Unstable into
testing. The breakiness that people are referring to is the breakiness of the
testing distribution.

What they were saying is, if you keep etch in your sources.list and if a new
release is made, then you will be tracking stable after the relase...

raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/

Click to get a free credit repair consultation, raise your FICO score
http://tags.bluebottle.com/fc/CAaCMPJkjb9f6wzbEa9rGibg1JIzY2Wp/