Re: XML editor wanted!

On Fri, 2007-02-02 at 16:24 -0500, hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 12:23:17PM -0800, RParr wrote:
> > Johannes Graumann wrote:
> >
> > Actually, I find it somewhat ironic.  Most of the programming
> > development IDEs force you to use a less than vi-or-emacs level editing
> > environment and brag about their ability to enhance productivity through
> > visual aids for programming BUT then seem to lack any understanding as
> > to why a documentor or XML editor might want visual aids that enhance
> > productivity.
>
> Most programming languages were designed to be coded by hand as plain
> ASCII text files, so a plain ASCII text editor, with very few add-ons,
> is perfectly adequate.

I use Bluefish for editing almost every kind of code, including XML and
HTML. I would say it is a "plain ASCII text editor" with syntax
highlighting and a handy "View in browser" button. It is highly
customizable, too. I don't need more.

--
Szia:
                        Nyizsa.

Click to compare & save $100's on health insurance, free quote
http://tags.bluebottle.com/fc/CAaCMPJkqMURpymHwk0W9Kl8iUxyNYod/