Re: XML editor wanted!

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 12:23:17PM -0800, RParr wrote:
> Johannes Graumann wrote:
>
> Actually, I find it somewhat ironic.  Most of the programming
> development IDEs force you to use a less than vi-or-emacs level editing
> environment and brag about their ability to enhance productivity through
> visual aids for programming BUT then seem to lack any understanding as
> to why a documentor or XML editor might want visual aids that enhance
> productivity.

Most programming languages were designed to be coded by hand as plain
ASCII text files, so a plain ASCII text editor, with very few add-ons,
is perfectly adequate.

XML was designed to be read and written by automata, not
humans, and so you need all the tech support you can get.

As a developer, I understand.

As a developer, I also inderstand that XML is a crazily complicated
specification, probably much more complicated than needed to do its job.

-- hendrik