Re: XML editor wanted!

Greg Folkert wrote:

>> These are to Oxygen what nano is to emacs ... childsplay.
>
> If you want Whizzbang, Wizard style, auto-magic crap, then why use a
> powerful OS?
>
> I say its:

> And leave our "unpretty" but exceptionally powerful because you can
> actually SEE what is going on OS.
>
> If you want help, then stop being a SNOB or Asshat, to the people you
> asked.

Point taken, but seriously: I've been writing XML using kate for a long
while now and let me tell you: using this whizzbang wizard style visual
crap instead, my productivity just goes through the roof in comparison. I'm
quite religious about open source (forced my new work place into giving me
a self-administered box, which instead of XP runs sid and the evil stuff
only through a virtual machine) and using ion3 as my window manager, you
will have a hard time calling me an eye candy addact or "doesn't want any
contact with the inner workings", but pragmatism will probably dictate to
leave the pure teachings for this particular task ...
You call me a snob, but your disdain of an editor supporting its user while
dealing with highly structured stuff is nothing else either - no?

Joh