Re: Getting started with Postgres or MySQL

Danesh Daroui wrote:

> 5. Again back to your example, yes, the PayPal web site offers you to
> choose the data by using a combo box and not inserting it manually. So
> the date which is sent to the database is definitely correct before
> inserting.

This is one of the most pathetic things I've ever heard. Browser-side
data validation (be it with a combo box or JavaScrpit or whatever) is an
absolute no-no because the browser can send back anything it damn well
pleases. Data sent back from browsers must, under all circumstances, be
considered "dirty".

D.