Re: Best way to shrink Windows on new laptop?

On 31 Jan 2007, Anthony Campbell wrote:

I failed to resize the Windows partition (Windows XP) with both the
Debian installer disk and qparted. They appeared to work but at the end
the partition was still the same size.

If I delete the partition and then make a new one (HPFS/NTFS with
cfdisk, will I be able to install Windows from the backup sector of the
hard disk?  I know nothing about Windows so I don't have any idea if I
can do that.

Anthony
--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Linux Gnu-Debian