Re: Sound on M/board

On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 02:17:27PM +0000, john gennard wrote:
> Kevin Mark wrote:
>
> >On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 09:29:14AM +0000, john gennard wrote:
> >
> >>Normally, I use a Sound Card, but with a new Asrock
> >>775Dual-VSTA board, there's a front panel socket which
> >>I'd like to try, but I don't understand the connectors.
> >>
> {snipped]
> >
> >Hi John,
> >You should do your own research. Here is the pdf for your board, it has
> >instructions.
> >http://www.asrock.com/manual/775Dual-VSTA.pdf
> >(hint: the green plug is for 2 channel audio)
>
> I already have the Manual (I referred to it) - the point is
> I don't understand how what it says relates to the case's
> connectors.
Hi John,
Here is my assumption:
you have the mulit-audio plug assemply(mic,audio in, audio out, rear, etc).
you have the mother board
you have a wire that connects the audio plug assembly to the mother board
you have the OS installed
you have alsa configured to recognizes the audio card
the only thing left to do is get a stereo audio chord and plug it from
the green (2 channel audio) plug on the audio plug assembly and into an
audio amplifier.
Please state what is different.
cheers,
Kev
|   my keysever: subkeys.pgp.net |     my NPO: cfsg.org         |