Sound on M/board

Normally, I use a Sound Card, but with a new Asrock
775Dual-VSTA board, there's a front panel socket which
I'd like to try, but I don't understand the connectors.

The M/board Manual has 'Front Panel Audio Header'
'(9-pin-HD_AUDIO1)' and pins for 'GND, Presence, Mic_Ret,
Out_Ret, Mic2 L, Mic2 R, Out2 R, J Sense, and Out2 L'.
The case has a bunch of 7 connectors, viz:-
'Spkout R, Mic bias, Return L. Mic in, Return R,
Spkout L, and Gnd'. How do I connect (ie. which connector
to which pin)? Also what would the two extra pins be
for if I had connectors extra connectors?

Also, there is a 3pin HDMI_SPDIF Header on the board,
but after a quick read I've decided to leave that for a
later date as my audio needs are very basic (I was brought
up when a crystal set and record/cylinder player were
state of the art - later we had radiograms which were
'rocket science')

Can someone please help.

Also, I have 6 sockets on the rear of the M/board. These
are 'Side speaker, Rear speaker, Central/bass, Line in,
Front speaker and Microphone'. I have a number of Speakers
including a Cambridge Soundworks EAX, (a central box and 4
small 'satellite' speakers). I've only ever been able to get
this lot to work on my main box using a single jack plug,
and then only the central box and two small speakers give
out any sound.

John.