Re: replying to a message in debian-user

On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 11:00:44AM -0800, Easthope wrote:
> Wesley,
>
> Thanks for replying and copying to me.
>
> wl> Well, if your web-based MUA supports it, it can and should
> do threading correctly.
>
> No evidence that this MUA supports threading,
> that I have seen.
>
> wl> Barring that, as long as the subject stays intact, often other
> people's MUA will do pseudo-threading by subject line if there is no
> other
> threading information in the headers.
>
> Not clear about this.  Are you saying I should
> try to use a MUA which belongs to a colleague
> and which supports threading?
>
> In any case, most readers reply to the list and
> do not copy to me.  I am not subscibed to the
> list because the volume is so large.  So I can
> not use the reply capability in a MUA.  To
> propagate the subject I must copy it to the
> clipboard in the browser and thence to the
> subject field in the MUA.

Another possibility is tu use gmail -- it makes this mailing list
available as a newsgroup -- so fire up your favourite newreader.
I use Pan for other high-colume lists, and it does all the threading I
want.  It also means I don't have to get those lists as email.

-- hendrik