Re: replying to a message in debian-user

Wesley,

Thanks for replying and copying to me.

wl> Well, if your web-based MUA supports it, it can and should
do threading correctly.

No evidence that this MUA supports threading,
that I have seen.

wl> Barring that, as long as the subject stays intact, often other
people's MUA will do pseudo-threading by subject line if there is no
other
threading information in the headers.

Not clear about this.  Are you saying I should
try to use a MUA which belongs to a colleague
and which supports threading?

In any case, most readers reply to the list and
do not copy to me.  I am not subscibed to the
list because the volume is so large.  So I can
not use the reply capability in a MUA.  To
propagate the subject I must copy it to the
clipboard in the browser and thence to the
subject field in the MUA.

Will try it.  Thanks,    ... Peter E.

http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/