Re: top post fixer?

On Wednesday 24 January 2007 14:03, Steve Lamb wrote:

> > The fanatics insisted that the background should be black and the text
> > white because that was the "natural" way to view a computer screen. It
> > was the way that it would always remain. Of course, when I went to my
> > office supply store and tried to buy some black paper and white ink they
> > thought I was crazy.
>
>     Of course they are.  I would, too.  Now to explain *your* ignorance.
> Paper is REFLECTIVE.  Monitors are PROJECTIVE.  What's that mean?  It means
> that paper REFLECTS the light that hits it.  Without an outside source of
> light you wouldn't see jack on paper.  However a monitor PROJECTS light.
> In the absence of all other light you would still see a text on the
> monitor.

Wow! Nice explanation. I have always liked white on black xterms and never was
able to explain why so. Glad to hear that there is a logical reason behind
all this. If this is so, I wonder why gnome, kde chose to have white on black
background as defaults in konsole, gnome-terminal etc., Are those developers
so "reflective" than being "projective"? :-)

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/

Click to compare & save $100's on life insurance, free quote
http://tags.bluebottle.com/fc/CAaCMPJkoHmPFyOi4TALHuwhx0dNXqUM/