Re: top post fixer?

Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> > Paper is REFLECTIVE.  Monitors are PROJECTIVE.  What's that mean?  It means
> > that paper REFLECTS the light that hits it.  Without an outside source of
> > light you wouldn't see jack on paper.  However a monitor PROJECTS light.
> > In the absence of all other light you would still see a text on the
> > monitor.
>
> Wow! Nice explanation. I have always liked white on black xterms and never was
> able to explain why so. Glad to hear that there is a logical reason behind
> all this.

However, in some situations, LCDs are not particularly light emitting.
For example, if using a laptop in direct sunlight, even with a pretty
good LCD, black on white will tend to be more readable.

Personally, I feel this hardcoding of colors in the application is a
downside of X. An ideal system for me would be able to adapt the primary
foreground and background colors, so that I could switch from the white
on black I prefer outdoors, to the black on white I sometimes need
outdoors, to the red on black I prefer when I'm outside at night and
want to use the computer with a starry "background".

--
see shy jo