Re: top post fixer?

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 02:41:21PM -0500, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> I wonder why gnome, kde chose to have white on black
> background as defaults in konsole, gnome-terminal etc., Are those developers
> so "reflective" than being "projective"? :-)

I suspect it's because Gnome and KDE seem to think that "looks like
Windows" is the best interface design and Windows uses black-on-white,
which, in turn, I assume is part of Microsoft's attempts to make people
feel more comfortable with computers by (at least nominally) making
things on the screen look like things in the real world, such as paper.

Oh, and to the person who originally brought this up and said he
couldn't find white pens, I worked for a guy a few years back who kept a
stack of black post-its on his desk along with a white pencil.  Very
nice, but I never thought to ask where he got them.

(This message written in an xterm with a 50% transparent background over
a medium-grey rhino-skin desktop and white text.)

--
I would rather be exposed to the inconvenience attending too much Liberty
than those attending too small degree of it.