Re: top post fixer?

It's kinda like a religious fanaticism... "everyone should act and believe like I do". And yes, you're absolutely right - there is too much bile being spewed at top posters.

So which is best, top posting or bottom posting? Who knows? Who &^%^% cares? I certainly don't. On this list however, I normally bottom post primarily because a good deal of the folks on Debian User (many of them extremely helpful members) seem to have a problem following the thread if it's top posted.

Or at least it seems that way. :)

This argument reminds me of the fuss over xterm backgrounds many years ago.

The fanatics insisted that the background should be black and the text white because that was the "natural" way to view a computer screen. It was the way that it would always remain. Of course, when I went to my office supply store and tried to buy some black paper and white ink they thought I was crazy.

I notice that the Gnome terminal now defaults to black on white.

Now if I could only figure out how to post sideways ;-)

John

Francis Healy wrote:
I'm dodging the bile being spewed at top posters. Bottom line, top posting is not evil. Scrool down if you want to read the original message.

*/Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca>/* wrote:

    John C wrote:

     >> I would rather be exposed to the inconvenience attending too
    much Liberty
     >> than those attending too small degree of it.
     >> - Thomas Jefferson
     >
     > If you really believe this quote, why do you insist that bottom
     > posting is the only correct way to go?

    Because the top-posters are willing to exchange liberty to top post for
    liberty to have an audience?

Absolutely!