Re: [OT/Sometimes Windows is better] Horrible GNOME File Picker (Was: Open (helper application chooser) for iceweasel/icedove is too simple)

On 1/11/07, marc <gmane@auxbuss.com> wrote:
But that's my point, really: why continue to clone TC, when there are so
many additional functions out there on other tools that leave TC in the
dust? If devs stick their heads in the sand and ignore developments then
things will atrophy. In fact, in the domain of file mangers, I think
they atrophied some time ago on Linux. And that's a shame.

I know that in the case of nautilus at least the devs have chosen to
drop a lot of options in the name of usability. And I personally don't
think that's a bad thing. Your choice of words seems to indicate you
do, but let's be clear that this is a personal preference. Personally
I don't even _want_ my file manager to have all these fancy features.
The devs of nautilus are not sticking their head in the sand, they've
just got an entirely different philosophy of what a good file manager
should do.

I think what you should really do right now is scratch that itch and
build your own file manager.

greets,
Wim