Re: Root privilege (SOLVED)

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 11:31:32AM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
Yes, this is the right word.  GUIs frequently sacrifice security,
flexibility and functionality in favor of being relatively drool-proof. Sacrificing security at the root level is never the brightest idea around.

Of course, some things simply cannot be done without a GUI.  Or at least
they cannot be done efficiently.

Regards,

-Roberto
I've seen people before say that there are things that can't be done in a GUI, but most of the GUIs seem to be crippled in one way or another that is not inherent in their "GUIness".

Can you give me an example of something that can't be done (even if only efficiently) in a properly written GUI with a working X Window System? I accept that X may have to be restarted after the action.

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Respect the elders. Teach the young. Co-operate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between.