Re: Root privilege (SOLVED)

On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 06:37:01PM -0500, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 06:28:05PM -0500, cga2000 wrote:
> > >
> Unfortunately, some things flat out require a GUI.
>

> > > I'll stick with plain /bin/su.
> > >
> However, in a situation with multiple admins it is nice to have the
> logging of sudo so that you know who did what/when.

For me, if something flat out requires a GUI I go and find a different
way.  My firewall box for example has no gui apps at all, no X files at
all...  Its a command-line only box.

I use su.  Its only me; I'd need an exta admin person to help me setup
sudo :)  I limit su to the group adm

Just my 2c

Doug.