Re: Root privilege (SOLVED)

On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 07:08:58PM -0500, Douglas Tutty wrote:

> For me, if something flat out requires a GUI I go and find a different
> way.  My firewall box for example has no gui apps at all, no X files at
> all...  Its a command-line only box.
>
> I use su.  Its only me; I'd need an exta admin person to help me setup
> sudo :)  I limit su to the group adm

Believe me, I totally understand.  At home, my firewall has no GUI or
GUI apps, other than xterm (long story).  However, right now I am
working at a place that uses Oracle (gui-only installer) and RHEL.
Since the senior admin is RedHat-trained, as in the company sent him to
all the RedHat classes, he believes in using all the RedHat-provided GUI
tools.  So, our servers which really don't have a good reason to run
GUIs, do in fact run GUIs.

Regards,

-Roberto

--