wireless adapter/card recommendations?

Hi folks,

I'm in the process of changing my home network from wired to wireless and am trying to find a card for a desktop that will work effortlessly with etch/sid.

Preferably one whose drivers are already available as part of debian.

So far I've not done well and purchased one that did not work. It turned out to have a Marvel Technology chip that is unusable (education can be expensive).

What I'm looking for is a wireless adapter that will work with a 802.11g 54Mbps router. I'd prefer an internal PCI card, but an external USB would also be fine.

Any and all suggestions would be welcome before I go shopping again.

Thanks.
John