Re: etch images

On Tuesday 09 January 2007 06:57, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> Hi list!
>
> what is the difference between the images of etch in the links
> (10-Nov-2006)
> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/etch_di_rc1/i386/iso-cd/
> and (weekly snapshot)
> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/i386/iso-cd/

rc1 stands for release candidate 1. Weekly snapshots are just that - snapshots
taken every week or so.

Comparatively, rc1 is a bit old but many bugs would have been solved. weekly
snapshots contain new code which might also come with new unknown bugs...

> I want to install etch. What images are recommended?

Start out with rc1. If that does not work out (say touchpad does not respond
etc.,) then try the weekly snapshot or daily snapshots. For most hardware,
rc1 will work.

hth
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/

Save on Life Insurance
Protect your loved ones with affordable life insurance coverage.
http://tags.bluebottle.com/fc/MhtYWUi3MQdH5AF1xQdz7aYyvyrliX55NZcTT/