Re: wireless adapter/card recommendations?

On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 10:18 -0600, John C wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm in the process of changing my home network from wired to
> wireless and am trying to find a card for a desktop that will
> work effortlessly with etch/sid.
>
> Preferably one whose drivers are already available as part of
> debian.
>
> So far I've not done well and purchased one that did not work. It
> turned out to have a Marvel Technology chip that is unusable
> (education can be expensive).
>
> What I'm looking for is a wireless adapter that will work with a
> 802.11g 54Mbps router. I'd prefer an internal PCI card, but an
> external USB would also be fine.
>
> Any and all suggestions would be welcome before I go shopping again.

i purchased (iirc) an 802.11b internal pci card from this webpage [0]
some years ago. i currently use the hostap driver and userspace utils
with it, so i have some inclination to believe them when they say their
products are "linux compatible".

[0]
http://www.allnet-usa.com/html/shop.php?kat=WiFi
+54Mbit&PHPSESSID=72d7cdc9b67a914cc92db6a06a8a28ab

--
Matt Zagrabelny - mzagrabe@d.umn.edu - (218) 726 8844
University of Minnesota Duluth

He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot
lose.
-Jim Elliot