Re: CUPS Configuration

On Sat, Jan 06, 2007 at 12:16:57AM +0100, Danesh Daroui wrote:
> Now I can connect to administration page from another machines. Now I do
> not know what URL should type for IPP connection from other machines.
> Also, printers are not still shareable from SAMBA.

OK.  That's good.  Now, what you need to do in Windows XP is the
following:

Start -> Settings -> Printers and Faxes -> Add Printer
Click "Next"
Select "network printer" and click "next"
Select "connect to a printer on the Internet"
type in the URL: ipp://name-or-ip-of-server/printername
Click "Next"

I am not certain from there since my network doesn't have any CUPS
machines serving up printers.  If the ipp:// URL doesn't work, try
http://name-or-ip-of-server:631/printername (note the added port
specification) instead.

Regards,

-Roberto