Re: CUPS Configuration

Yes. It works via CUPS administration page (localhost:631).

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 06:19:49PM +0100, Danesh Daroui wrote:

I would like to share my printers between my systems. I have used SAMBA
and it works fine between my XP systems. The problem is that there is no
printer in the Printers share list of SAMBA. How can I share my printers
so they can be viewable by SAMBA? I also couldn't see any option in CUPS
administration to share a printer. I think if I specify that I want to
share my printer, it will automatically list in SAMBA printer list. I
remember someone did suggest in this mailing list that SAMBA is garbage
and it is better to use IPP instead. Well, I tried but it didn't work. I
just entered the URL which was in the printer setting in my Debian
server but it absolutely didn't work. My hosts can not find any printer
with this URL!

Hi.  First, I did not suggest that Samba was garbage, only that it is
overkill for what you need.  To see if the printer is reachable, go the
machine which is trying to access the printer, open a web browser, and
visit http://address-or-ip-of-machine:631

If that works, then we have to do more digging.  If that does not work
(i.e., you don't see the CUPS screen), then that is the first thing you
need to solve.

Regards,

-Roberto