Re: emacs manual and other missing info

Max Hyre wrote:
   Tyler, you might want to try emacs-snapshot.  I've been
following it (and unstable) for months now, and have had no
problems

Thanks, that's very interesting. Having already manually installed the manual directly from gnu.org I'm ok for now, but I will investigate this for future installs. I'm still a little hesitant, since using the debian repositories leaves me vulnerable to the GFDL policy of the moment. Does anyone know if the policy is actually different for unstable, or is it just a matter of the developers not having had time yet to remove the docs in question?

On the other hand, having gone through

 apt-get source -t stable gnus

to install the (old) gnus info manual into my etch system, I'm becoming much more self-sufficient with respect to using info.

Cheers,

Tyle