Re: emacs manual and other missing info

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 02:34:03PM +0000, Tyler wrote:
> Max Hyre wrote:
> >   Tyler, you might want to try emacs-snapshot.  I've been
> >following it (and unstable) for months now, and have had no
> >problems
>
> Thanks, that's very interesting. Having already manually installed the
> manual directly from gnu.org I'm ok for now, but I will investigate this
> for future installs. I'm still a little hesitant, since using the debian
> repositories leaves me vulnerable to the GFDL policy of the moment. Does
> anyone know if the policy is actually different for unstable, or is it
> just a matter of the developers not having had time yet to remove the
> docs in question?
Hi Max and Tyler,
as you mention, from my understanding, GFDL licensed document without
invariant sections are DFSG free. And if a package has the GFDL
documents with invariant sections, it would be a bug and should be
reported. This affects etch (and beyond) and sid. The only thing I would
like is for all packages that had thing removed to say so and say where
you can get the missing parts wheather that is in the non-free debian
repository or the original source. This may be done as I have not really
investigated many packages and the documents in /usr/share/$PKG/.
cheers,
Kev