Re: emacs manual and other missing info

   Gentlefolk:

>> it maybe that some of the manuals were reclassified as
>> non-dfsg free and were moved out of the main
>> repositories. Many GFDL documents were reclassified for
>> etch.
>
> That appears to be the case, as confirmed in
> /usr/share/doc/emacs21-common/copyright:

   It appears to be otherwise for emacs-snapshot-common.
It's in the main repository, includes the files
emacs-[1-8].gz, and its .../copyright file says it's under
the GFDL.

   Searching the Manual reveals the only occurrences of the
word `invariant' are in the GFDL's text itself.  Could the
absence of invariant sections render it DFSG-free, with the
changes made since emacs21?

   Tyler, you might want to try emacs-snapshot.  I've been
following it (and unstable) for months now, and have had no
problems other than emacs's icon disappearing every so
often.  At a minimum, installing emacs-snapshot-common will
get you the manual The Debian Way.  Its direct dependencies
are

  o dpkg (>=1.9.0) and
  o emacsen-common (>=1.4.10)

If your installation is OK with these (and whatever they
drag in) ``apt-get install emacs-snapshot-common'' should do
it.

HTH.

--
	    Best wishes,

	    	 Max Hyre

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of
the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists.
	-- Yosemite park ranger, quoted in
	   http://yro.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=191810&cid=15757347