Re: raid software troubles (long)

Hal wrote:

So I make my silly question:  -_-
.... !!
Is it possible that "some init.d script" in the boot process
launch the command "fsck.ext3 ..."
automatically
BEFORE array run,
causing the startup error ??

Maybe it wasn't a silly question and raid system was functioning well...
I found that the error in the startup

(it repeats for every md device...)
 fsck.ext3 invalid argument while trying to open /dev/mdX The
superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2
filesystem
If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2 fs (and not swap or
ufs or something else),
then the superblock is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an
alternate superblock:
e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

fsck failed.please repair it manually.

is generated by this script,  /etc/init.d/checkfs.sh
# checkfs.sh    Check all filesystems.
#
# Version:      @(#)checkfs  2.85-13  22-Mar-2004  miquels@cistron.nl
#

FSCKFIX=no
[ -f /etc/default/rcS ] && . /etc/default/rcS

#
# Check the rest of the file systems.
#
if [ ! -f /fastboot ]
then
    if [ -f /forcefsck ]
    then
        force="-f"
    else
        force=""
    fi
    if [ "$FSCKFIX"  = yes ]
    then
        fix="-y"
    else
        fix="-a"
    fi
    spinner="-C"
    case "$TERM" in
        dumb|network|unknown|"") spinner="" ;;
    esac
    [ `uname -m` = s390 ] && spinner="" # This should go away
    echo "Checking all file systems..."
    fsck $spinner -R -A $fix $force
    if [ $? -gt 1 ]
    then
      echo
      echo "fsck failed.  Please repair manually."
      echo
echo "CONTROL-D will exit from this shell and continue system startup."
      echo
      # Start a single user shell on the console
      /sbin/sulogin $CONSOLE
    fi
fi
rm -f /fastboot /forcefsck

: exit 0
I' thinking to modify this file but I don't know how...
Martin, in my opionion mdadm is working perfectly...
Could be this script causing my troubles ?

Good night,
Hal