Re: allofmp3.com (was Re: iTunes & Linux (Debian))

Kevin Mark <kevin.mark@verizon.net>:
> > > That is why I have been following the news about allofmp3.com, it
> > > seems that anyone who does not drink the **aa kool aide gets sued, and
> > > pressured. It's not like the artists are getting much more money from
> > > the **aa's compared to these sites.
> >
> > Do artists get anything at all from allofmp3.com?
>
>  From my understaing, a 'rights colletion agency' was setup with allof
>  mp3.com to pay royalties. But according to the riaa, this collection
>  agency is not 'official'. Beyond that I do not know if any money was
>  every paid from the russian collection agency to artists.

The line is, the money's held in trust and all they have to do is come
and get it.  The manufacturers refuse to legitimize that process.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling          Linux Counter #80292
       Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/emails.html