Re: raid software troubles (long)

also sprach Hal <selvone@ngi.it> [2006.12.27.2120 +0100]:
> I didn't tried modifying that file, because I didn't want to get into
> troubles. ;-)

Make a backup and try using /usr/share/mdadm/mkconf once the system
is up and running the way you like it to create a new one. Some
stuff has changed since mdadm version 1.9.

> By the way, I followed the 'man' instruction:
>
>      echo 'DEVICE /dev/hd[a-z] /dev/sd*[a-z]' > mdadm.conf
>       mdadm  --examine  --scan  --config=mdadm.conf  >> mdadm.conf This
> will find what arrays

mkconf basically does the same.

> and I noticed a difference between uuid of /dev/md4...

yes, it looks like your on-disk mdadm.conf file is outdated wrt md4.

russian roulette on the shell: ((RANDOM % 6)) || rm -rf ~